TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. For every £1 you spend on your energy, you'll earn 10 energyplus Argos points.
2. Each energyplus Argos point equates to £0.002.
3. Customers will earn £1 worth of points for every £50 spent on fuel, excluding standing charge and VAT.
4. Points will be automatically converted to cash and downloaded to card every 3-6 months months to the value of 500 points = £1.
5. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash once purchased.
6. You will continue to earn Argos points provided your dual fuel / all electric energy supply remains with energyplus Argos.
7. Customers will be issued with an energyplus Argos card with a unique identification number - this is how collection and redemption will be managed.
8. Each quarter SSE will tell Argos how many points customers have earned from their energy account and they'll issue this value direct to the loyalty card
9. Please allow 48 working hours for Argos vouchers to be downloaded onto your energyplus Argos membership card.
10. Any balance remaining on an energyplus Argos card after a transaction at an Argos store cannot be refunded but will remain on the card for future use. No change will be given.
11. Customers can supplement the value of their energyplus Argos card with cash, cheque or credit card to obtain their chosen item, to the value specified.
12. No cash alternative will be given in lieu of goods.
13. Argos and Homebase reserve the right not to accept any energyplus Argos cards which have been obtained by theft, fraud or by any means which are not in accordance with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
14. All items from Argos and Homebase are subject to availability.
15. Faulty or damaged goods supplied through Argos or Homebase stores may be returned to any Argos or Homebase store, as appropriate, in accordance with the Argos/Homebase After Sales Care Service. Refunds obtained under the Argos/Homebase 30 day guarantee will take the form of Argos/Homebase gift vouchers. Statutory rights are not affected.
16. Any refund of Argos or Homebase vouchers will incur a 10% handling Fee of initial transaction charged.
17. Each energyplus Argos Point equates to 0.002p.
17.1 Points will expire on the second anniversary of the date of issue.
17.2 Points are awarded against the cost of your energy in each billing period exclusive of VAT.
17.3 Your energyplus Argos card has a unique identification number – this is what we use to manage your account.
17.4 Every 3 months, or 6 months depending on how long you have been an energyplus Argos customer, and how you pay for your energy, SSE will tell Argos how many points you have earned from your energy account and Argos will update the energyplus Argos points balance and download the new points to your card.
17.5 This update will not necessarily correspond with your energy billing date. Any balance of points remaining on an energyplus Argos card after the transaction at an Argos or Homebase store cannot be converted to cash and will remain on the card for future use.
17.6 The cost of the transaction will be rounded up to the nearest pound. No change will be given.
17.7 Customers can supplement the value of their energyplus Argos points with cash, cheque or credit card to obtain their chosen item, to the value specified. No cash alternative will be given in lieu of goods.
17.8 Argos and Homebase reserve the right not to accept any energyplus Argos cards which they have reason to believe have been obtained by theft, fraud or by any means which are not in accordance with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
17.9 The maximum amount of credit you will be able to credit to your energyplus Argos card is £500 over each period of 3 calendar months.
17.10 Any purchases processed under the energyplus Argos scheme must be for personal use only and should not be used for any business purpose including the re-sale of goods.
17.11 All items from Argos and Homebase are subject to availability. Faulty or damaged goods supplied through Argos or Homebase stores may be returned to any Argos or Homebase store, as appropriate, in accordance with the Argos/Homebase After Sales Care Service.
17.12 Refunds obtained under the Argos/Homebase 30 day guarantee will take the form of Argos/Homebase gift vouchers (terms and conditions apply).
17.13 Statutory rights are not affected. SSE Energy Supply Limited reserves the right to withdraw or change offers at any time.
energyplus Argos Terms and Conditions
- read through these terms and conditions carefully before using this website.
- print a copy for future reference.
1. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website (see date at the foot of this page) and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
2. Certain website services will require registration and subsequent access to those services will be subject to an approved login name and password ("Password Details"). Information that you provide on this website must be accurate and complete. All Passwords Details are accepted and may be withdrawn at our sole discretion and are exclusive to you and non-transferable and must be treated as strictly confidential at all times. In the event that you have any concerns regarding your Password Details or become aware of any misuse then you must inform us immediately (see Contact US for more information and full contact details).
Ordering Terms and Conditions
1. Please see the 'About energyplus Argos' menu options for information on how to place an order. All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
2. To order a specific product, you must follow the redemption process as detailed in the 'About energyplus Argos' and 'Points statement and Spend Points' menu options.
3. The cash value of each energyplus Argos point is £0.002. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash once issued.
4. If you buy an Argos or Homebase voucher at a 10% discount downloaded to your card the value will be available on the card for use within Argos stores within 48 hours.
5. The 'confirmation' stage sets out the final details of your order. Following this, we will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products or vouchers you have ordered if we hold a valid e-mail address for you. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Argos .
6. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on despatch to you of the products or vouchers ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it. If we accept your order, but later discover that we cannot supply the merchandise within 14 days, we will contact you to offer an alternative item, or the option to cancel for a refund.
7. We hold details of your orders for you to subsequently access direct on this website in the statement section, however we recommend you please print out these terms and conditions and the order acknowledgement for specific detailsd and your own records. If you wish to obtain details of your previous orders and the dates placed please check your 'statement' page.
1. This website is only for delivery of products to customers in mainland UK and Northern Ireland addresses. We cannot deliver to the Channel Islands , Isle of Man , Orkney, Shetland and Scottish Islands , BFPO addresses, or the Republic of Ireland . All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery.
2. We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver within 14 working days of receiving your order. Unless otherwise stated on the website, there is no additional charge for delivery. Delivery charges and estimated timescales are specified in the when you place an order.
3. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. Argos shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales.
4. Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered or on the date of first attempted delivery by us.
5. For any orders placed for cycles, furniture, TV's over 20", large sports equipment or white goods, you will be contacted for delivery to be arranged.
Returns, Cancellations & Substitutions
1. We want you to be happy with everything you order from us. If however you do receive a damaged or faulty voucher that you have purchased through www.energyplusargos.co.uk please Contact Us, we will arrange for its replacement or repair free of charge. If your item subsequently becomes faulty, please let us know and we will offer a solution consistent with your statutory rights, which remain unaffected.
2. When purchasing products in Argos stores using your energyplus Argos card standard in store Return and Refund terms apply. Any items returned for reasons of fault or unsuitability may be refunded in full in Argos or Homebase Gift Vouchers. No cash refund will apply as per standard store terms and conditions except to the extent that you have paid for goods in store in cash. Your statutory rights are not affected.
3. Occasionally it may be necessary to substitute the item ordered with an alternative item. This will be of equal or higher specification but may differ from the original in colour, make & design.
4. Items may be shown larger or smaller than the actual size. The contents shown with any item are not included unless specified. Batteries are not supplied with electrical appliances unless stated otherwise. Some items may need home assembly. Installation costs are not included.
5. If more detailed information is required than provided, please contact the product information line on 0870 120 7468. Lines are open from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday. An answer machine service is available outside these times. Calls may be monitored for training purposes, and may involve the use of automated call handling. Calls to the information line are charged at National Rate.
6. Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel your order at any time for a full refund. This does not apply to items personalised or made to your specification; audio/video recordings or software that you have unsealed; items such as earrings and cosmetics that, by reason of their nature, cannot be returned; perishable goods (e.g. food and flowers), and periodicals/magazines. To cancel, use the Contact Us option or telephone (0870 120 7468) within 7 days of receiving your item(s) quoting your order number. You must take reasonable care of the item(s) and must not use them. We will arrange collection free of charge. You may cancel an order for services in the same way, within 7 days of the date of purchase, unless the services begin soon. You may not cancel accommodation, transport or leisure services which occur on a specific date. Note: the Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to Financial and Insurance Services.
1. Where we need to take payment from you, we will take payment from your card at the time we receive your order, once we have checked and processed your card details. Goods are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the goods.
2. The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order apart from the following exception: while we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
3. All displayed prices include VAT and delivery charges (unless expressly stated otherwise). Please see shopping basket for itemised details of applicable VAT and delivery charges).
4. Title to any products you order on this website shall pass to you when signed for as described in clause 3.1 above provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
1. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all materials and/or content made available as part of your use of this website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
2. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content of this website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Liability and Indemnity
1. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
2. Subject to clause 7.1 above, Argos will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the site but makes no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the contents or availability of the site or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the website and Argos will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website and Argos accepts no liability of any kind for any loss or damage from action taken or taken in reliance on material or information contained on the site.
3. Subject to clause 7.1 above, other than as expressly provided in these terms and conditions with respect to specific products and except for the exclusive remedies set out at clause 4 above, any indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
4. Subject to clause 7.1 above, Argos will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent on negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the terms and conditions for any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or loss of goodwill or reputation; or consequential, special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these terms and conditions.
5. Notwithstanding the above, subject to clause 7.1 Argos' aggregate liability (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for loss or damage shall in any event be limited to a sum equal to the amount paid or payable by you for the product(s) in respect of one incident or series of incidents attributable to the same clause.
6. This clause 7 does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your contract cancellation rights.
7. We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
8. Products purchased through the energyplus Argos site are not eligible for resell and are restricted to the personal use of the energyplus Argos account holder.
1. The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England . English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract.
2. Unless otherwise stated, we have selected our products on the basis that they will be used for domestic use only, if you are planning to use them for business purposes please make sure that you are covered by appropriate insurance.
3. Argos shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these terms and conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
4. To provide increased value to our customers, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for
(i) the privacy practices of such websites,
(ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or
(iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
5. You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related order for products to any third party unless agreed upon in writing by Argos .
6. Argos reserves the right to transfer, assign, novate or sub-contract the benefit of the whole or part of any of its rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related contract to any third party.
7. If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
8. These terms and conditions do not create or confer any rights or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party (within the meaning of the U.K. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) except:
a) the Home Retail Group (as defined below) shall have the right to enforce any rights or benefits under these terms and conditions;
b) the Argos Retail Group shall have the right to enforce and take the benefit of the rights or benefits of any limitation or exclusion or limitation of liability in these terms and conditions;
c) a person who is a permitted successor or assignee under clause 8.6 above of the rights or benefits of these terms and conditions may enforce such rights or benefits.
d) No consent from the persons referred to in this clause 8.8 is required for the parties to vary or rescind these terms and conditions (whether or not in any way that varies or extinguishes rights or benefits in favour of such third parties).
9. No delay or failure by Argos to exercise any powers, rights or remedies under these terms and conditions will operate as a waiver of them nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers, rights or remedies preclude any other or further exercise of them. Any waiver to be effective must be in writing and signed by an authorised representative of Argos.
10. These terms and conditions including the documents or other sources referred to in these terms and conditions supersede all prior representations understandings and agreements between you and Argos relating to the use of this website (including the order of products) and sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and Argos for your use of this website
11. The promoter for energyplus Argos is SSE, Argos Business Solutions provide the infrastructure and redemption catalogue for the scheme, all point issuances are determined by SSE and decisions over the levels of points issued are solely down to SSE issuance rates determined by SSE and future rates are set by them. Argos shall have no liability to you in respect of points issuance by SSE and any queries you may have regarding the level of points awarded to your account. The energyplus Argos online catalogue is operated by:
489-499 Avebury Boulevard
Central Milton Keynes
Registered Company Number 1081551 (Incorporated in England)
VAT Number 145899025 "Argos" is a brand of Argos Limited ("Argos") a company incorporated in England , and a member of the Argos Retail Group ("the Group"). The Group ("we, us") also includes ARG Card Services Limited, ARG Personal Loans Limited, ARG Insurance Services, ARG Card Transactions Limited, Homebase Limited and their associated companies. A full list of companies is available upon request from the Company Secretary, Argos Limited, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard , Central Milton Keynes MK9 2NW.
We recommend you print out a copy of these terms and conditions for your future reference.